Southeast Asia is one of the world’s fastest-growing aviation markets. With our firm’s top-ranked dispute resolution and corporate departments, as well as our multijurisdictional presence, we are well-placed to advise clients in aviation matters. Tilleke & Gibbins’ cross-disciplinary aviation team serves airlines, aircraft lessors and lessees, insurers, banks, air cargo firms, and other aviation-related companies.
Our practice covers:
- Aircraft leasing disputes and repossessions
- Civil aviation regulation
- Air carrier liability
- Air carrier insurance claims and disputes
- Commercial and labor disputes involving the aviation industry
- Aircraft acquisitions and sales
- Aircraft leasing and financing
Our understanding of the business and regulatory environments in Southeast Asia, as well as our strong relationships, enables us to provide an unparalleled breadth of support to clients in the aviation sector. In addition to representing our clients in corporate, commercial, and financing transactions, we regularly represent our clients before civil aviation departments, courts, and arbitration tribunals.
Our Recent Achievements
- Advised a multinational aircraft lessor in the repossession of an aircraft before the Intellectual Property & International Trade Court in Bangkok.
- Advised an international air carrier on a lease default dispute in Thailand.
- Assisted in structuring an airline alliance between two major international carriers.
- Advised on aircraft mortgages under Vietnamese law.
- Assisted an African airline with setting up a representative office in Hanoi.
- Prepared and negotiated industry-specific contracts including aircraft service agreements and air transport service agreements, for a Thai aviation company.
- Represented a multinational air carrier in litigation involving cargo damages and prevailed against a global insurance company in Thailand.
For more information on our aviation law practice, please contact: