Litigator, Intellectual Property (Mid–Senior level)
Position: Litigator, Intellectual Property (Mid–Senior level)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Handle cases involving litigation, prosecution, registration, enforcement of intellectual property rights and other assignments as required.
- Analyze and determine the best legal strategy to ensure a successful case outcome; prepare briefs and legal arguments; rehear witness testimony before a court.
- Conduct investigations; write legal opinions; monitor cases statuses, legal issues and problems.
- Conduct discovery, including taking depositions, and conduct sensitive negotiations with opposing lawyers and their clients.
- Interview, select and prepare witnesses, including experts, for administrative hearings or trial. Argue motions and participate in pre-trial or pre-hearing conferences.
- Conduct direct and cross-examination and oral argument in proceedings before the appropriate jurisdictional body, which may include jury trials.
- Review, record and prepare briefs and oral arguments for the Supreme Court or other appellate bodies while preparing memoranda analyzing factual and legal issues and draft decisions in proceedings.
- Provide legal counseling and information pertaining to protecting intellectual property and register intellectual property with the relevant government agencies to protect it under the law.
- Review case activities and achievements as frequently as required by the client; initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Review/recommend changes to rules, policies or procedures for conformity with laws and conduct extensive research to support cases as assigned.
- Draft contracts and leases for legality and adequacy, and negotiate with government agencies, private individuals and organizations in non-litigation situations.
- Respond to inquiries from the media and review statements to be released to the press and handle the variety and difficulty of legal issues with minimal supervision.
- Review billing memos and assist with billing collection if needed.
- Thai nationality, possessing Thai lawyer’s license
- Exceptional academic background
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IP litigation/enforcement work in Thailand
- Excellent command of Thai verbal and written skills
- Good command of English verbal and written skills (business level)
- A “Can Do” attitude and an enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Strong business acumen, time management skills, and service-minded
- Resourceful and creative in finding innovative solutions for clients, highly professional with a good teamwork attitude
Please send the CV to: email@example.com