John Frangos to Moderate International Arbitration Panel
February 21, 2017
John Frangos, a consultant in the Tilleke & Gibbins dispute resolution group, will act as moderator for an upcoming seminar on “Guerrilla Tactics in International Arbitration.” The event will be jointly hosted by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the Thailand Arbitration Center, and the International Chamber of Commerce Thailand.
Featuring a panel of Thai and international experts in the area, the discussion will focus on practical examples and tips to overcome unconventional tactics, also known as “guerilla tactics,” designed to delay and obstruct arbitration proceedings. The following topics will be discussed at the event:
- Attacks on validity and existence of arbitration clauses
- Spurious challenges to arbitrators
- Procedural delays and obstructions
- Enforcement problems
- Impact of guerrilla tactics on arbitration in Thailand and the international community
- How to curb guerrilla tactics and improve the legal profession
This free seminar will take place on March 8 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., followed by a cocktail reception, at the Thailand Arbitration Center in Bangkok. To register for the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1.